affordable decorating, Affordable Decorating Ideas, Affordable Design, ASID, Best Home Stager, Cathy Hobbs, Certified Staging Professional, CSP, desert living, Design Recipes, design star, DIY, hgtv, Home Stager, Home Stager Training, Home Staging, Home Staging Course, interior designer, LEED AP. Celebrity Interior Designer, modern design, modern furniture, real estate stager, Stager Training
Desert Living Today contacted me recently asking if I would share some of favorite Modern Design picks. As this is such a broad category, I didn’t know where to begin. As a LEED AP I always try to infuse sustainable/eco-friendly choices into my designs as much as possible. Therefore my sections are not only examples of what I believe to be
Modern Design Picks From HGTV Design Star Finalist
When we got a chance to ask HGTV “Design Star” Finalist Cathy Hobbs any question, we jumped at the chance to get some celebrity interior design picks for all you modern aficionados out there.
Cathy, a celebrity interior designer and creator of the specialized design firm Cathy Hobbs Design Recipes, held nothing back when sharing her top 5 modern design picks with us.
1. Wood and Black Walnut Table at John Houshmand. “This beautifully crafted all wood table is made of black walnut. I love the simplicity of the glass top resting on a pedestal that features a bronze piton detail.”
2. Hand Blown Glass Pendant by John Pomp. “Not only are these glass blown pieces beautiful they are made from recycled materials.”
3. Hollow Coffee Table at Brave Space Design. “What I love about this coffee table is how it plays with positive and negative space that allows for innovative storage.”
4. SHAPE Occasional Tables by Niche. “I love so many of the products from Niche’s ‘Shape Series’ including a coffee table, bar stools and end tables. I especially love the occasional tables that can be used in so many different rooms of a home, ‘dressed up or down’ and are always a conversation piece.”
5. Icon 2 Chairs by EMECO. “I consider these chairs to be a creative twist on the modern classic ‘school house chair.’ These tempered aluminum chairs, hand-made in Hanover, Pennsylvania are made of 80% recycled aluminum – 40% post-consumer and 40% post-industrial.”