affordable decorating, Affordable Design, Best Home Stager, Brown Harris Stevens, Cathy Hobbs, celebrity interior designer, Certified Staging Professional, design star, hgtv, home selling tips, Home Stager, Home Stager Training, home staging tips, LEED AP. Celebrity Interior Designer, lxtv, nbc, New York City, New York City's Top Stager, open house, Scott Harris, top nyc stager
When it comes time to sell your home you are going to want to make sure that you sell it for the most amount of money in the shortest amount of time. This is when home staging and lifestyle selling can come into play. The reality is that most potential buyers have no idea how to envision a space that is either empty or cluttered with too many things. The key is to show function and highlight the positives of a space while down playing the negatives. The key to lifestyle selling is to show potential buyers how a space should function. Recently, I was asked to share some of my top home staging tips and techniques on the NBC program LXTV Open House.
Cathy’s Top Home Staging Tips:
1. Choose furniture that doesn’t overcrowd a space but instead shows how spacious and roomy it is.
2. Layer your decor, add items such as throws and toss pillows.
3. Use repetition. Large pieces of art can be expensive. One of my favorite design tricks is to repeat the same piece of art in a series of two or three.
4. Choose an area rug either first or last. Choosing it first allows for it to serve as design and color inspiration, using it last, helps tie everything together.
5. Think function first, when it comes time to sell your home, it is critical that potential buyers know how a space could be used.
For more of Cathy’s top home selling tips be sure to go to http://www.cathyhobbs.com or call 800.961.5202
Here is the listing information for the property that was profiled in the NBC segment.
45 East 30th Street, Penthouse B
4 Bedroom/6 Bathroom, 4,460 Square Feet
Scott Harris, Brown Harris Stevens
Julie Rupprecht, Halstead Property
Here is the link: http://bhsusa.com/manhattan/midtown-east/45-east-30th-street/1552460
Interested in a career in home staging? Go to http://www.stagingtraining.com or call 888-STAGING to learn more about Cathy’s classes taught through the industry leader Certified Home Staging Professionals.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE EXPERT STAGING TIPS — BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE CLIP BELOW OF CELEBRITY INTERIOR DESIGNER CATHY HOBBS AS FEATURED ON NBC’S LXTV OPEN HOUSE