Affordable Decorating Ideas, approachable interior design, budget design picks, Cathy Hobbs, celebrity interior designer, Design Recipes, design star, design under $10, Home Stager Training, interior design ideas, she knows.com
As an ASID interior designer who literally built my business on offering affordable, approachable design to my clients, I am a firm believer that good design doesn’t have to be expensive. I also love the $10 price point, so much so that I developed an on-going list of design ideas that I call “Ten under Ten” $10.00, there are certainly lots of great items on the market (many of them often overlooked), that combine high style that won’t break the bank, all under ten bucks!
Looking for affordable design ideas, be sure to go to DESIGN RECIPES http://www.design-recipes.com, for affordable ideas every day!
Here are my top picks:
- Queue vase by Z Gallerie: “This vase falls into the category of “I’ve never seen this before!” “ This vase is a collection of five individual pieces, each able to hold one or two blooms. $9.95
- Rivta Throw by Ikea: “I am not sure that I have every styled a residence without using at least one throw, and this one by Ikea is one of my favorites! Plush and warm, its available in lots of rich colors. $7.99
- Trilling Poster Set of 3 by Ikea: “Ikea artwork to me is a well kept secret. Their graphic often whimsical prints look fantastic framed and make for wonderful, affordable art. I especially like these prints displaying icons in Paris, New York and London.”$9.00
- Hanging glass terrarium by CB2: “These ‘floating’ glass planters are simply magical. Fill them with succulents, cactus or your favorite bloom.” $6.95
- Recycled glass bud vases by West Elm: “I love love looooooove these. Simply adorable and available in fun colors like caramel and teal, these little gems filled with a single stem will spice up any table!” $6.00
- Juno Vase by Crate and Barrel: “When it comes to vases, nothing quite looks as rich as earthenware. Sturdy and rich with color, I also really love the texture of the lines on this vases as well as the fun ‘dill pickle’ shade.” $9.95
- Birds & Flowers Gift Wrap as wallpaper from The Container Store: “I love finding new ways to use materials. I simply adore this fun print and think it would be an interesting and easy idea to use this gift wrap as wall paper. $4.99 per 20”x30” Sheet
- Piper Large Candleholder by Crate and Barrel: “These candleholders hold a simple tea light candle and I believe that only add a touch of elegance, but in groupings make a stunning centerpiece.” $3.95 for the large size
- Sandstone coasters by Crate and Barrel: “These sandstone coasters add a natural element to the table. Made in India, the neutral tones, go with any décor.” $9.95 for a set of 4
- Hour Glass by CB2: “I have actually started using these as fun, conversation pieces in some of my designs. What I really love about this one is the uniqueness of the lime colored sand!” $9.95
The Popular Site Sheknows.com recently asked me to share my top design picks under $10, profiling my selection of this luxe Ikea throw.