It’s the dead of winter, so what better time than now to conjure up thoughts of spring and summer! Floral prints are not only timeless, but they’re incredibly versatile and a great way to brighten up any room.
Many people shy away from “busy” patterns such as florals, but what they don’t realize is just how easy it is to incorporate them into their decor! Here’s a few tips to help you get started:
1. For beginners, try accent pieces such as lamps, wall art, and throw pillows
2. For those more committed, try a large area rug, wallpaper, or new furniture upholstery
3. Look for patterns that coordinate with the color scheme you already have in the room
4. Be sure to balance! Tone down loud prints with plenty of solid colors
5. Don’t be afraid to mix and match prints! A very chic and modern combination is florals and stripes.
Use these looks and accessory ideas for inspiration:
Photo Credit: Cathy Hobbs. Design by Cathy Hobbs Design Recipes
Are you on social media? I would love to connect with you! Feel free to reach out to me on any of these platforms!
Be sure to also LIKE Cathy Hobbs, Interior Designer on FACEBOOK
and Follow Design Recipes on TWITTER
As well as Cathy Hobbs on PINTEREST
And Design Recipes on INSTAGRAM
Plus enjoy our Design Recipes How-To-Videos on YOU TUBE