Introducing Columnist Cathy Hobbs | Business | Epoch Times http://t.co/6xTkwUN
Cathy Hobbs appears on HGTV’s Design Star as a design contestant. (Courtesy of Michael Rogers PR )
The Epoch Times is happy to introduce new columnist Cathy Hobbs. Now a successful home stager, TV personality, and educator, Hobbs started out as a broadcast student at the University of Southern California.
Trying to furnish her apartment on a student’s budget, she decided to get creative. Hobbs frequented thrift shops and tried her hand at sewing, putting together pillows, shower curtains, and decorations on her own. Friends said she had a real knack for interior decorating, so she decided to take morning classes at the Fashion Institute of Technology while continuing her news career.
With perseverance, her talents in both design and broadcast eventually evidenced themselves in a rapidly growing interior design career and five Emmy awards. Now Hobbs appears on HGTV’s Design Star as a design contestant, drawing upon her on-screen experience and design skills.
In addition to being a mother, Hobbs wears many other hats, including:
• Founder of the interior design firm aphereä, based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn;
• Five-time Emmy Award Winner and former reporter at WPIX for 12 years;
• An LEED AP (Accredited Professional) for her expertise in green and sustainable design;
• The creator of Design On Delivery, an alternative to more-expensive designer services, which offers clients a brief consultation and design solutions via e-mail or mail;
• The creator of Design Recipes, a web service that sells easy-to-follow interior design PDF “recipes” for bedrooms, living rooms, and dining rooms; and
• Instructor at Certified Staging Professionals, a program for home-staging professionals.
Hobbs’s clients include those who have just purchased a home or are trying to sell one. Her keen eye and quick thinking have helped many sort out the overwhelming experience of transitioning a house or apartment from a home to a salable property.
Throughout Hobbs’s upcoming columns, readers will have an opportunity to ask her questions regarding home staging and how to sell a home.